Mobile Device Laser Keyboard
The ‘projection keyboard’ is made possible through the incorporation of the 3D Electronic Perception Technology (EPT). This innovation enables everyday devices to “see” the world around them so they can perceive and interact with it. The EPT tracks your finger movements and translates them into keystrokes in the device. Different from traditional digital cameras that record images in 2 dimensions so humans can see, EPT collects images the way that machines need to see in 3 dimensions.
With the integration of Celluon’s technology in small, low cost, computer chips, virtually any kind of electronic device can perceive and interact with its immediate environment. The recognition process works as follows: When the user presses a key on the mobile device laser keyboard, the infrared layer is interrupted. This produces UV reflections that are recognized by the sensor in three dimensions, allowing the system to assign a coordinate (keyboard character).
The large keys and familiar layout of the projection keyboard allows for input speeds greater than that of 50 words-per-minute with error rates similar to that of a standard physical keyboard, thus setting a new benchmark in mobile input performance. The projection keyboard provides users with a comfortable, near fatigue-less way of entering data into their mobile devices. The projection keyboard can also help reduce the ergonomic risk factors associated with other input alternatives by reducing strain on the wrists.
- Compatibility: iPhone 3GS/4, iPad (iOS4), Blackberry tablet, Android 2.0 and higher, Windows Phone 7, Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS
- Interface: Bluetooth HID and USB 2.0; Keyboard Layout: 19mm sized QWERTY layout
- Detection rate: Up to 400 characters per minute; Operating Surface: Most flat opaque surfaces
- Keyboard area size: 241 x 106mm (approx.); Size: 90 x 34 x 24mm; Item Weight: 300g
- Projects a full-size laser keyboard onto any flat surface; Allows the convenience of full-size typing in a tiny form factor; Connects wirelessly via bluetooth to iPhone, iPad, many Smartphones and most Laptops