Thanksgiving Kitchen Essentials
This is America. We celebrate food pretty much every day. But it’s around the time of Thanksgiving where we really, I mean really, get down to the business of eating. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, bread…no Thanksgiving dinner is complete without these main dishes. A lot of preparation goes into making a quality Thanksgiving meal, and Neat Shtuff can help by offering up our top Thanksgiving kitchen essentials. No Thanksgiving will be complete without them.
1) Joseph Joseph Nest Utensils comprise five essential kitchen tools in a compact, self supporting design. The set contains a slotted spatula, spaghetti server, slotted spoon, solid spoon and a ladle. When nested, the tools are held together securely by small magnets in the handles. All tools are heat resistant up to 240-degrees Celsius. Dishwasher safe.
2) The 3890 digital measuring cup and scale combination combines two jobs into one. The unit measures in weight and volume as the recipe dictates. It’s preprogrammed to convert weight to volume for water, milk, oil, sugar, and flour, so it manages dry ingredients as well as liquid ingredients. Holds 4.4 lbs or 1 liter. This is a very handle tool for all your kitchen needs.
3) Thanksgiving isn’t Thanksgiving without a little cornbread. Going from corn to cornbread can be made a little easier with the Amco one step corn kerneler. This clever tool easily removes kernels from the cob in one quick motion. All the kernels will collect neatly, and there will be no more kernel mess to clean up. And the cornbread will actually taste better without the crunchy starches located at the very bottom of the kernel. The unit is designed with a stainless steel blade that adjusts to the width of the corn and is dishwasher safe.
4) And the pot boileth over and maketh a huge mess… Not anymore! Lid Sid will keep the covers of your pots and pans open when they need some air and will raise smiles whenever you use him. Each set comes as a pack of two – red and white. Made from silicone, this little guy will help you let off some steam.
5) Do you like cooking? I mean do you really really like cooking? Now you show it… socially… with this Facebook Like Oven Mitt. Made to resemble that actual Facebook Like button, the Facebook Like Oven Mitt lets everyone know you like it when the food is ready.
6) Bread, bread, bread. Not just a conversation piece, the Armadillo Breadbin is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving setting. Made from brushed aluminum and beech wood, the Armadillo Breadbin is not just a breadbin…it’s a work of art.
7) Butter knife, butter knife…we’re done with the butter knife. The One Click Butter Cutter stores your butter (or margarine) in an easy to retrieve container and uses less shelf space than conventional butter dishes. For use with the standard 5″ long 1/4 lb. bar of butter. Each click delivers a measured amount of butter in just a second. Easy, enjoyable, and extremely useful.
8) Because you can’t be the one to screw up the pie, the Multi-Color Adjustable Rolling Pin Plus will take the guess work out of pie bases. The rolling pin has four sets of colorful, removable discs which raise the rolling pin to the required thickness of 1/16-inch, 1/6-inch, 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch off the work surface. This clever device will ensure that the pie crust is rolled to an even thickness throughout. Pin made of beech and measures 16-1/2-inch long and 2-1/2-inch diameter.
9) Don’t serve wine before it’s time. The temperature has to be just right. Trudeau’s Digital Wine Thermometer is a self activating device that clips around a wine bottle and provides the temperature in either Fahrenheit or Celsius. The stainless steel band includes suggested temperatures for popular red and white wines, as well.
10) Being around family can be tough. That’s why wine related products get two mentions on our list. The Corkcicle is an easy way to chill wine without having to tote an ice bucket. Simply Open your favorite bottle of wine, slip the frozen Corkcicle in and wine is cooled to the perfect temperature. No more need for bulky ice buckets that take up space on the table or ice cubes that dilute your wine. Just a lovely bottle of wine waiting to be enjoyed. Corkcicle helps maintain optimal drinking temperature of whites, reds and champagne.
Happy Thanksgiving from Neat Shtuff!